King Engine Bearings CR874HP001 in our Rod Bearings Department
Bi-metal, silicon aluminum
Dowel Pin Hole
Sold as a set of 8.
King Engine Bearings CR874HP001 Conrod HP Series
The HP series was developed mainly for
drag race applications needing a material that is harder than the
Babbitt top layer. These applications demanded a structure that
could withstand high loads for short duration and still offer
higher embedabilty and compatibility. In response, KING developed the HP
Series featuring the Alecular? metal structure.
The HP series is also suited for many
performance applications with nodular cast iron crankshafts, such
as street, strip and some levels of circle track racing.
All King Bearings are specifically engineered to withstand the
highest loads and RPMs generated by today?s top competition
engines. All King Performance Engine Bearings feature:
- ?Bull?s Eye Tolerance?. King engine bearings
have the closest wall tolerances in the industry, with all shells
matched to 0.0001?.
- Increased Height. Greater rod bearing height
improves bearing-to-bore contact/heat transfer and reduces spin
potential at high RPM.
- Improved Oiling. Mains feature enlarged,
chamfered oil holes.
- Medium Eccentricity. This enables optimum load
distribution and improved oiling.
- Dowel Holes. Most rod bearings are available
with or without dowel holes.
- Narrowed Design. Mains and rods are narrowed
for large-radius crankshafts.
We offer the industry?s widest selection of sizes, including
special clearance options. With more choices than ever, you?ll find
the right King High Performance Engine Bearings for your most
HP series is particularly
suitable for the following cases:
- When a tri-metal bearing?s Babbitt overlay extrudes over the
sides, migrates to one end, or is physically removed by the
- When the intermediate layer of a tri-metal bearing is exposed,
damaging the crank journal and requiring expensive grinding or
- When Contaminants enter the oil stream, scratching and damaging
the crankshaft journals
King HP Bearings
- High-load, short-duration racing such as drag racing, tractor
pulls, monster trucks, etc.
- Medium-load, long-duration racing such as circle track engines
using nodular cast iron crankshafts
Bi-metal aluminum silicon alloy featuring fine micro-bore
- 0.015? thick top layer for superior macro particle embedability
- 40 Vickers hardness to resist overlay migration and
- 450?F heat threshold for superior protection against friction
- Mains are 3/4 grooved for improved oiling to the rod