Reduce that aftermarket engine, exhaust heat that comes from engine, headers and exhaust – with one USA Made material – HushMat Ultra II Hoodliner.
When driving your vehicle do you feel the heat coming through the firewall, floor & tunnel? That same heat is cooking your vehicles hood and over time distorts and ultimately destroys the paint on the hood -does it drive you crazy? Do you wish you could stop the heat from doing this? HushMat is the solution.
HUSHMAT ULTRA HOODLINER is a pressure-sensitive, constrained-layer damper, which has excellent adhesion to many difficult to bond substrates such as oily cold rolled steel, automotive E-coat, primers and finishes, and many plastics including polypropylene. The aluminum foil constraining layer and specially formulated viscoelastic polymer layer combine to give effective vibration damping over a wide temperature range. Ultra is provided in rectangular or square sheets and can be hand-cut for special configurations.
HUSHMAT ULTRA HOODLINER is temperature resistant and will maintain adhesion through all automotive bake cycles including 200°C (400 degrees F) over-bake conditions. This allows its application at any stage of the production cycle. It can be applied to both pre-painted and top-coated metal surfaces. It is compatible with automotive coatings and will not contaminate spray operations. HUSHMAT ULTRA HOODLINER superior adhesion characteristics provide excellent corrosion resistance.
The superior adhesive properties of HUSHMAT ULTRA HOODLINER allow it to be used in horizontal, vertical or inverted applications. It has good conformability and can be applied on complex shapes.
HUSHMAT ULTRA HOODLINER is approved for many automotive specifications. Contact your Hushmat representative for details, and for design and custom application assistance.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- HUSHMAT ULTRA Hoodliner effectively treats low frequency, resonant noise from 0 to 1,000 Hz
- Withstands ambient temperatures from -30 degrees up to +550 degrees Fahrenheit
- Requires no surface cleaning / preparation or heat guns to install
- No alcohol or acetone wash needed
- No installation tools required
- Trims with standard razor knife or household scissors
- Self Adhesive peel and stick – no secondary glue – adhesion guaranteed
- Available in Silver or Black Foil
- Meets or exceeds damping specs GMO149M – General Motors, WSB-M5G58-A1 – Ford and MS-CD 629 Type C – Chrysler