Camshaft Installation Handles
These simple, yet effective handles provide good leverage and a non-slip grip when installing or removing a cam. These tools save time, pinched fingers and nicked cam bearings. COMP Cams carries two styles – one for Chevrolet specific engines and a universal kit.
- Universal handle includes five interchangeable adapters that fit most domestic V6 and V8 engines, including Chevrolet, Ford and Chrysler
- Chevrolet specific handle includes necessary hardware that stores inside hex-design handle
- Chevrolet specific handle fits Small and Big Blocks
Camshaft Lobe Center Marking Tool Set
With this tool the user marks the cam lobe with a type of marking fluid (e.g. dry erase marker or dychem), installs the cam, and then places the tool in the lifter bore. Next, the cam will be turned over to mark a line around the cam lobe. The cam is then removed, the distance from the edge of the lobe is measured and finally, shims are changed to achieve the correct lobe to lifter alignment.
- Three sizes for most common lifter bore diameters – .842”, .875” and .904”
- Aluminum construction
- Has ¼”-20 thread for bolt in the top
Cam Check ing Fixture
(Cylinder Heads On Engine)
This tools screws into any 1/4”-20 or 6mm valve cover bolt hole and with the use of a dial indicator (not included), allows you to measure cam lift at the rocker arm, pushrod or lifter. This multi-functional tool can also be used to check rocker ratio, piston-to-valve clearance and even crankshaft end play.
Cam Check ing Fixture
(Cylinder Heads Off Engine)
This fixture was designed to maintain proper geometry while holding a dial indicator (not included) and 5” extension (included) precisely over the lifters. This professional quality tool is much easier to use and more precise than using a magnetic indicator base when degreeing a cam.
Cam Checking Tools
This innovative tool actually slides down into the lifter bore and rides on top of the camshaft in order to measure lobe lift and base circle runout. Each tool includes two followers: one for flat tappet cams and one for rollers. Two models are available, and each is double ended.
- Built-in o-ring holds tool firmly in the lifter bore while 1” travel dial indicator (not included) reads cam lift to .001”
- Two models available − one for GM (.842” dia.) and Ford (.875” dia.) and another for Chrysler (.904” dia.) and Top Fuel (1.0” dia.) lifter bores