King Engine Bearings MB7089XP King Racing Main Bearings - XP Tri-Metal
Main Bearing XP Series
Successful race engine builders are constantly pushing the
limits of load capacity to new levels. Race bearings today
inevitably need to match these demands with more competitive
bearings. At King Racing we met the challenge with the XP high performance bearings series.
The XP series is a line of bearings
with advanced metallurgical and geometric technologies that meet
extreme performance loads. It was developed for all performance
applications that use forged steel aftermarket crankshafts and
produce high loads for extended periods.
King Racing?s XP series features pMax
Black?, a unique tri-metal structure that is 24% harder than any
other conventional tri-metal race bearing. pMax Black? together
with the XP geometric features are the
ideal combination for performance racing. For more on King Racing
technologies visit TechLab
All King Bearings are specifically engineered to withstand the
highest loads and RPMs generated by today?s top competition
engines. All King Performance Engine Bearings feature:
- ?Bull?s Eye Tolerance?. King engine bearings
have the closest wall tolerances in the industry, with all shells
matched to 0.0001?.
- Increased Height. Greater rod bearing height
improves bearing-to-bore contact/heat transfer and reduces spin
potential at high RPM.
- Improved Oiling. Mains feature enlarged,
chamfered oil holes.
- Medium Eccentricity. This enables optimum load
distribution and improved oiling.
- Dowel Holes. Most rod bearings are available
with or without dowel holes.
- Narrowed Design. Mains and rods are narrowed
for large-radius crankshafts.
We offer the industry?s widest selection of sizes, including
special clearance options. With more choices than ever, you?ll find
the right King High Performance Engine Bearings for your most
King XP Bearings
- High-load, long-duration racing such as circle track, off-road,
off-shore, and others that require steel crankshafts
Enhanced tri-metal copper lead construction with nickel barrier and
- 15% ? 30% greater load capacity than traditional bearings
- The SecureBond unique adhesion process, for superior stability
between the top and intermediate layers
- 0.0005? metallurgically enhanced and hardened performance
overlay withstands greater loads and better resists surface
- Mains are 1/2 grooved for uncompromised lower shell load