Dart 31243344V Iron Eagle Block
Big M Gen V Full Water Block
Dart Iron Eagle Sportsman blocks for small block Ford engines
are powerful, competition blocks that offer racers the features
they need while remaining affordable.
- Siamesed cylinders: Standard 4.000 or 4.125 cylinders can be
safely bored to 4.165 diameter. Ductile iron sleeves and extra
thick walls prevent cracking and produce excellent ring seal.
- Multiple deck heights allow for increased displacements of up
to 468 cubic inches.
- Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around
the cylinder barrels to prevent detonation, extend engine life and
produce consistent cylinder temperatures.
- Ductile iron front and rear 2 bolt main caps with 4 bolt
interior main caps. Rear cap uses standard one piece seal.
- Two main bearing diameters 302 (2.249) or 351C (2.749) allow
choice of small or large journal camshaft.
- Stock components make Dart blocks a direct replacement for most
production small blocks. Provisions for stock motor mounts,
accessory drives, smog pumps, starter brackets, oil pans and
- Upgraded oiling system has a complete stock type system plus a
low restriction priority main oiling system with front and rear
external oil pump feeds.
- Dual crossovers allow oil flow to be metered with restrictors
for roller lifter cams and/or rocker roller arms to reduce oil flow
- Reinforced head bolt bosses are blind tapped to prevent leaks
and produce accurate torque readings. Extra thick decks prevent
head gasket leaks.
- Standard camshaft and camshaft drive can be used. Lifter valley
has bosses for production hydraulic roller lifters.