Dart 31283455 Short Blocks
Tall Deck Iron BBC Block
Standard 4.840 or 4.900 spread bore spacing provide large bore
capacity. The camshaft is raised .400 above the stock location to
increase clearance for the connecting rods and crankshaft counter
weights, and the main oil gallery is located alongside the camshaft
tunnel to eliminate interference with the crank assembly.
Advanced engineering makes Dart aluminum big blocks the choice
for serious competition.
- Premium alloy: Dart aluminum blocks are cast from virgin
355-T61 aerospace alloy for superior strength and
- Ductile iron sleeves with extra thick cylinder walls promote
excellent ring seal.
- Reinforcing ribs strengthen the lifter valley bellhousing
- Inboard valley head stud bosses improve gasket sealing.
- Priority main oiling system delivers oil directly to the
crankshaft bearings to enhance reliability at high engine
- Standard BBC cam journals, up to 60mm with raised
cam options available.
- Standard .842 BBC lifter bores, other options also
- With or without distributor provision.
- Steel 4 bolt main caps with splayed outer bolts for extra
strength. Light-weight aluminum caps also available.
- Mechanical fuel pump boss, clutch linkage mounts, and side and
front motor mounts simplify installation in any chassis.
- Dual oil pan bolt patterns fit standard and notched oil
- Average weight 140lbs.
- Dart blocks are available fully finish prepped.